Monday, August 22, 2011

Postcards from God

Have you ever been in that moment where you don't know what to do in life and you could just desperately use a sign?

I'm stuck there right now... I have so many things on my mind that I don't know what to do about. Situations arise on my wing, relationships with people are complicated and I don't know how to go about dealing with them.

It's times like these where I feel like a postcard from God would just be acceptable. Just a little note pushing me on the right track. But then I stop and wonder, "did God send me some sort of postcard already and I just missed it?" And with that thought, I'm just back to worrying about how to do certain things.

I have talked SO often lately with friends about everything, (believe me there is a lot going on and school hasn't even started yet) but the problem is that we have never come to a conclusion. All we keep saying is "Take everything to God and believe in Him above all, then everything else will fall into place."

That's so hard to do when sin is such a huge part of life. That sin is what is keeping me from not worrying about where God will lead me. I know with all my heart that he has a plan and that it is going to be perfect, it's just hard to believe that fully at points.

Now is when I find myself thinking of verses to just calm me and remind me that God is there. I keep coming back to Isaiah 41:10 which says, "So do not fear for I am with you, do not be dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

I know I can not fear and worry about all these things in my life, God will help me out through all the difficult times. I just need to listen to him and watch what signs he throws my way. But sometimes, I still think receiving a postcard from God would be really cool! 

No comments:

Post a Comment